Crown’s XLS 2500 is a portable power amplifier with unmatched performance, technology and affordability. With multiple inputs, you can plug in anything and play anywhere. The integrated DriveCore Technology, PureBand Crossover System and Peakx limiters help to protect you entire system. Weighing less than 11 pounds, compared to 40 pounds for its competitors helps Crown’s XLS2500 much easier to set up and move from show to show.
Class D amplifiers has the high efficiency and well suited for driving reactive loads such as subwoofers. However, Class D can suffer impaired performance on marginal and unstable AC line supplies. To overcome these difficulties, Crown developed DriveCore Technology which provides an extremely wide tolerance of sagging or “dirty” AC line conditions.
With PureBand Crossover System, you can change the crossover frequency from any point between 50Hz and 3kHz on 1/12 octave centers. The use of 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters provides steep slopes for a seamless transition between high and low drivers. Crown’s Peakx limiters provide the ultimate in performance and protection to achieve higher sound pressure level (SPL)
- XLS High Performance, Lightweight Class D power amp weighs less than 11 lbs.
- Integrated PureBand Crossover System for better performance and control
- Peakx Limiters provide maximum output while protecting your speakers
- XLR, 1/4″, RCA inputs provide outstanding flexibility
- 1/4″ Inputs can be used as loop-thrus to distribute signal to additional amplifiers Efficient forced-air fans prevent excessive thermal buildup
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs; touchproof binding post and Speakon outputs
- Precision detented level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs indicate signal, clip and fault for each channel
- Minimum Guaranteed Power per channel, both channels driven: 1550W, Stereo, 2 Ohms (per ch.); 775W, Stereo, 4 Ohms (per ch.); 440W, Stereo, 8 Ohms (per ch.); 1550W, Bridge-Mono, 8 Ohms; 2400W, Bridge-Mono, 4 Ohms;
- Sensitivity (for full rated power at 4 ohms): 1.4 Vrms
- Frequency Response (at 1 watt, 20 Hz – 20 kHz): +0 dB, -1 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio Rated as dBr to full rated 8Ohm power output (A-Weighted): XLS2000 > 103 dB
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm): 10 Hz to 400 Hz: > 200
- Crosstalk (below rated 8Ohm power): At 1kHz: > 85dB; At 20kHz: >55dB
- Input Impedance (nominal): 20 kOhm balanced, 10 kOhm unbalanced
- Load Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm per channel in Stereo; 4 to 8 Ohm in Bridge Mono
- AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available (± 10%):120 VAC 60 Hz; 100 VAC 50/60 Hz; 220 and 240 VAC 50 Hz
- Ventilation: Flow-through ventilation from front to back
- Cooling: Internal heat sinks with forced-air cooling for rapid, uniform heat dissipation
- Integrated Processing: PureBand Crossover System; Crossover Filter: Linkwitz-Riley 24dB per Octave; Crossover Frequency Range: 50 HZ – 3 kHz: Crossover Mode: Crossover (CH1=LPF, CH2=HPF), LowPass (both channels LPF), HighPass (both channels HPF), Bridge (LPF or HPF); Peakx limiters: Channel independent clip limiter designed to provide maximum output while protecting your loudspeakers
- Input/Output: Input Connectors: XLR (one per channel), 1/4-Inch (one per channel), and RCA (one per channel). 1/4-Inch connectors can be used as loop-thrus to distribute signal to additional amplifiers. Output Connectors: Two 4-Pole Speakon Output Connectors accept 2-pole or 4-pole Speakon connectors. The top Speakon connector is wired for both channels so it can be used for bridgemono wiring or for stereo wiring of two speakers to a single Speakon connecto